Finally, I think I have the novel in a good enough state to start querying.
The chart above is one of those things that comes from obsessively tracking my writing. I can see my word count through each of the revisions. All the jagged lines that start from the bottom of the page are the result of my starting with a new blank document and retyping the whole thing from scratch. For some of the revision drafts, I have a separate blue line that shows where I was in the revision process, although in some cases, I did a lot of jumping around in the document. The final revision doesn’t reflect the time I spent rereading the whole manuscript slowly and making copious notes so that I could then turn around and in about a week, do all the typing to make the final draft a reality. It’s nice to be able to put this thing behind me for a while now.
Leave a Reply